Sunday 22 May 2011

A fund raising jewellery Auction- Devotion Japan Earthquake Appeal


Hi. My name is Yuri Fujiyama.I’m a Melbourne based jeweller.
I am organising a fund raising jewellery auction with another jeweller, Mana Kawasaki.

We are both from Japan and really wanted to do something to help those people affected by the earthquake and the tsunami that happened 2 months ago in Japan.

 I felt so helpless being so far away from home, when I saw the terrifying images of my home town. 28,000 people have died or are still missing, and almost 60,000 houses are fully demolished.

My uncle lives in Ishinomaki which was badly hit by the tsunami and he sent me some picture of his area. There are piles of rubble everywhere even though it has already been two months since the disaster.  160,000 people are still living in evacuation centres.

And no one knows how long it will take Fukushima to get back to normal life. They need ongoing support. So if you are in Melbourne and are free next Saturday 28th May at 6pm, please come and join our auction. Many local artists have donated their beautiful works to the auction.

We will donate all the proceeds to the Australian Red Cross, Japan and Pacific disaster appeal.

It will be at Manchester Press, a café at 8 Rankins lane, in Melbourne city.  All the details are on our blog.

If you know anyone who might be interested, please forward this email http://devotionjapanearthquakeappeal.blogspot.com/
Yuri Fujiyama + Mana Kawasaki

No comments:

Post a Comment