Thursday 17 May 2012

All jewellers look at the back of the brooch

A quick plug for an interesting online exhibition idea - Behind the Brooch

"I have always thought that the back of any jewelry piece is as important as the front. I always try to have something on the back of my pieces as a surprise for the wearer and also because I think it says a lot about the maker. Most of the work I do has a detail on the back, I enjoy very much doing it.

Lately I started making brooches but I was very curious to see how other artists were making their pin backs and the back of their designs. I looked for inspiration everywhere but it was very hard to find images of the back side of the brooches.




This is why I think having an online exhibition in Crafthaus about showing the front and back side of a brooch will be a great and very inspirational tool for a lot of artists.


This exhibition is open to all and in any medium.


DEADLINE: August 1st, 2012.

Artist Notification will be via email on September 1st, 2012.

The exhibition will run from October 1st to November 1st, 2012.

To be eligible for this exhibition, submitted work must be designed and made by the artist.

Your entry must include:
  • Up to 3 pieces .jpg images (front and back side of the brooch)
    72 dpi no larger than 800 pixels in any direction
  • Title of the brooch, material list and dimensions
  • A brief statement of your work
Send your entry materials to Lorena Angulo at this email address behindthebrooch@lorenaangulo.com

more info - http://crafthaus.ning.com/group/crafthausexhibition/forum/topics/behind-the-brooch

No comments:

Post a Comment